CONTACT - JENNY.KRAFT@gmail.com - 917-589-7844
I’m a print and product designer with 15+ years of experience in graphic design and creative direction.
I’m a well-rounded designer with an eye for trends who meets deadlines and works well with others.
LOCAL 829 UNITED SCENIC ARTISTS
Computer Artist - Sworn in June, 2018 • NY, NY
ROSS STORES, INC. - Second largest chain of discount department stores in the United States with over 1,200 locations
Freelance Home Product Designer January 2017 - August 2017 • NY, NY
- In this experimental role, I fulfilled all design needs of the Home Products Importing Division.
- Worked with Product Development Managers and Buyers to ensure designs met their needs.
- Developed seasonal collections, everyday home product assortments and branded collections.
- Designed wall art, signs, throws, sheets, tablecloths, jewelry boxes, glasses, coffee mugs and storage.
- Researched trends using WGSN, competitive store visits, retail websites, trade shows and social media.
- Created original illustrations and prints and also altered and recolored existing art to maximize productivity.
- Prepared art and tech packs for production by overseas agents, made comments on vendor samples.
PREMIERE LIVING PRODUCTS - Manufacturer of decorative home storage selling to Home Goods, TJ Maxx, TJX International, Burlington and Tuesday Morning
Freelance Home Product Designer March 2016 - December 2016 • NY, NY
- Researched home fashion and seasonal trends in order to develop prints, graphics and new products.
- Pitched new product ideas, refined concepts and worked with factories to create salable samples.
- Created a standardized library of product illustrations and shared with team to increase productivity.
- Regularly presented home, kids, baby and seasonal collections to buyers from national retail stores.
- Created tech packs, detailed reference sheets, line sheets and artwork files for repeats and icon placements.
- Communicated daily with overseas factories to specify details, approve samples, and ensure accuracy.
INDIGO BOOKS & MUSIC - Canadian retailer offering a wide variety of books, music, accessories, electronics, and home décor
Freelance Home & Accessories Designer October 2015 - January 2016 • NY, NY
- Worked on lines of home products and fashion accessories during their winter holiday seasonal rush.
- Produced sketches, tech packs, graphics and line charts, pulled swatches and helped approve samples.
- Created patterns, recolored art, put motifs into repeat and created color-ways based on trend direction.
- Designed fashion accessories including: silk scarves, handbags, clutches, coin purses, backpacks, eye masks, socks, knit hats, scarves and mittens.
- Designed home products including: coffee mugs, glasses, throw pillows, ornaments and hot water bottles.
JENNY KRAFT DESIGN & PHOTOGRAPHY
Designer & Print Specialist April 2006 - September 2015 • NY, NY
- My clients include CB2, Garnet Hill, Crane & Co., Bed Bath & Beyond, Clinique and others.
- Design products in all stages: concept, design, mock-up, production and packaging.
- Track trends and create surface patterns in repeat for home decor, fashion, paper products and more.
- Create custom logos, packaging, line sheets, tech packs, hang tags, print collateral and presentations.
- Promote my studio, meet with clients and sell and license work from my collection at regular industry shows.
- Adapt to changing roles as designer, salesperson, office manager, accountant and promoter.
- License my floral and botanical photography for use on canvas art prints, home products and stationery.
- Direct other artists whose work I promote at trade shows and track all their sales and payments.
AMSCAN, INC. - World’s largest party goods manufacturer and parent company of Party City
Creative Director September 2000 - April 2006 • Elmsford, NY
- Managed a creative team developing trend concepts and artwork for use on coordinated product lines of seasonal & everyday tableware, party decorations, balloons, wrapping paper, gift bags, favors and stationery.
- Researched industry trends, themes and colors via competitive store visits, trade shows and on-line media.
- Compiled trend boards and reports which I regularly presented company-wide for product development.
- Bought prints and commissioned art for use in product development while staying within my budget.
- Developed strong relationships with print studios, freelance artists and vendors and negotiated best pricing.
- Attended industry events including Surtex, PrintSource, Heimtextil, Maison & Objet, PaperWorld and Indigo.
- Reorganized and maintained archive of hundreds of paintings, prints and digital designs.
- Organized, updated and managed a large library of reference materials, books and periodicals.
MATERIALS FOR THE ARTS, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs - Non-profit City of New York organization that promotes creative reuse and provides free supplies to local arts groups
Assistant Director of Operations May 2012 - February 2015 • Long Island City, NY
- Managed a team of donation processing, donor outreach, volunteer coordination and volunteer groups.
- Oversaw a 10,000 Sq. Ft. warehouse that served as a “free store” for non-profit arts groups in New York City.
- Developed systems of organization and visual merchandising to help move inventory quickly.
- Researched ideas for creative re-use projects to inspire members to be resourceful in their own programs.
- Designed promotional materials for fundraising events, annual reports, outreach, posters and fliers.
- Created environmental signage to improve traffic flow and navigation within the warehouse space.
- Held weekly status meetings to create a team atmosphere for sharing ideas and resolving problems.
CAD SOFTWARE SKILLS
Master of Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop and InDesign. General working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word
Bachelor of Fine Arts • Miami University, Oxford, OH
• Major in Graphic Design
• Cum Laude Honors
STRENGTHS - Creativity, Adaptability, Organization, Sense of Humor, Leadership, Communication